Buttered Poppy Seed Noodles Recipe
Mom's delicious fried noodles are absolute comfort food. Mom would roll out the dough, and we kids got to cut the long noodles and hang them up to dry. Mom served them with other entrees, too.—Shirley Joan Helfenbein, Lapeer, Michigan
- 1 package (16 ounces) egg noodles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large heavy skillet, saute onion in butter until onion begins to brown. Drain noodles; add to skillet. Cook and stir until noodles begin to brown.
- 2. Add the green onions, poppy seeds, salt and pepper; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC