Mom's delicious fried noodles are absolute comfort food. Mom would roll out the dough, and we kids got to cut the long noodles and hang them up to dry. Mom served them with other entrees, too.—Shirley Joan Helfenbein, Lapeer, Michigan
- 1 package (16 ounces) egg noodles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large heavy skillet, saute onion in butter until onion begins to brown. Drain noodles; add to skillet. Cook and stir until noodles begin to brown.
- Add the green onions, poppy seeds, salt and pepper; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Buttered Poppy Seed Noodles in Taste of Home October/November 2007, p45
Reviews for Buttered Poppy Seed Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review