- 1 package (16 ounces) egg noodles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large heavy skillet, saute onion in butter until onion begins to brown. Drain noodles; add to skillet. Cook and stir until noodles begin to brown.
- Add the green onions, poppy seeds, salt and pepper; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Buttered Poppy Seed Noodles
Sort By :
"I made these the way my mom always did. Boiled the noodles in chicken broth, ditched the white onion and parsely, tripled the green onion and added about 1 cup of shredded carrots. Only needs about 1 tablespoon of poppyseeds. Two is A LOT!"
"Next time add a little bit more butter."