Buttered Orange Cider Recipe
- 6 cups apple cider or juice
- 1/2 medium unpeeled navel orange, sliced
- 8 whole allspice
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 orange peel strip (3 inches)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the cider and orange slices. Place the allspice, cloves, cinnamon sticks and orange peel on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag. Add to pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Discard spice bag. Ladle cider into mugs; dot with butter mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 267 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 1g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Buttered Orange Cider
"This is great for a fall gathering. All my guests loved the flavor."