After sampling these homemade breadsticks, you'll never rely on store-bought varieties again. They always bake up buttery and golden brown.Jane Payne, Twin Falls, Idaho
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine 1-1/3 cups flour, baking powder, sugar and
- salt. Gradually add milk; stir in the remaining flour to form a soft
- dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently for 1-2
- Roll into a 1/4-in.-thick rectangle. Cut in half widthwise, then cut
- each lengthwise into six strips. Brush one side with butter. Place
- butter side down on a greased baking sheet; butter other side and
- fold each strip nearly in half. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes
- or until golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 203 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 618 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.