- Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until golden brown,
- about 7 minutes. Remove from heat; gradually add confectioners'
- sugar, vanilla and enough water to achieve a spreading consistency.
- Spread on the bottoms of the solid cookies; top with remaining
- cookies. Place 1/2 teaspoon preserves in the center of each.
- Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 269 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.