Buttercup Squash Bread Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 cup mashed cooked buttercup squash
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add molasses, salt, caraway, squash and 2 cups flour; mix well. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to greased top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down; turn onto a floured surface and shape into a loaf. Place in a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 each: 100 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Buttercup Squash Bread
"Whole family enjoyed this! I used a bread machine entering the ingredients in the order specified by the bread machine. My family is already asking me to make this again!"