- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- Colored sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and cornstarch; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets (cookies will spread). Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.
- Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and tops are set. Cool for 2 minutes before carefully removing to wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Butter Wafers(1)
Sort By :
These cookies did not spread. They were very light but eating them was like putting a handful of feathers in your mouth. I'm not sure what could be done since we're working with Cornstarch. Maybe an egg (eggwhite?) may have helped with less cornstarch. After a few minutes you notice a bad after taste too. This is the 3rd recipe I've used from this recipe book "Best loved cookies and bars" and none of them have turned out as it says. I'm done! Back to Betty Crocker!