Butter Snowmen Cookie Recipe
These cookies are sure to be part of your Christmas cookie plates. They will go especially well at a bake sale. They are so cute!—Kathleen Taugher, East Troy, Wisconsin
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Blue and orange paste food coloring
- Miniature chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour. Remove 2/3 cup dough to a small bowl; tint blue. Repeat with 1 tablespoon of dough and orange food coloring; set aside.
- 2. For snowmen, shape white dough into 12 balls, 1-1/4 in. each; 12 balls, about 1/2 in. each; and 12 balls, about 1/8 in. each. For bodies, place large balls on two ungreased baking sheets; flatten to 3/8-in. thickness. Place 1/2-in. balls above bodies for heads; flatten.
- 3. Shape half of blue dough into 12 triangles. Place triangles above heads for hats; attach 1/8-in. white balls for tassels. Shape orange dough into noses; place on heads. Divide the remaining blue dough into 12 pieces; shape into scarves and position on snowmen. Add chocolate chip eyes and buttons.
- 4. Bake 13-16 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes before carefully removing to wire racks. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 cookie (calculated without chocolate chips) equals 253 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Butter Snowmen Cookie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC