Butter Snowmen Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Blue and orange paste food coloring
- Miniature chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour. Remove 2/3 cup dough to a small bowl; tint blue. Repeat with 1 tablespoon of dough and orange food coloring; set aside.
- 2. For snowmen, shape white dough into 12 balls, 1-1/4 in. each; 12 balls, about 1/2 in. each; and 12 balls, about 1/8 in. each. For bodies, place large balls on two ungreased baking sheets; flatten to 3/8-in. thickness. Place 1/2-in. balls above bodies for heads; flatten.
- 3. Shape half of blue dough into 12 triangles. Place triangles above heads for hats; attach 1/8-in. white balls for tassels. Shape orange dough into noses; place on heads. Divide the remaining blue dough into 12 pieces; shape into scarves and position on snowmen. Add chocolate chip eyes and buttons.
- 4. Bake 13-16 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes before carefully removing to wire racks. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 253 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Butter Snowmen Cookie
"We made these last year and they were so fun, not to mention melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Am making again this year.."