- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Blue and orange paste food coloring
- Miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour. Remove 2/3 cup dough to a small bowl; tint blue. Repeat with 1 tablespoon of dough and orange food coloring; set aside.
- For snowmen, shape white dough into 12 balls, 1-1/4 in. each; 12 balls, about 1/2 in. each; and 12 balls, about 1/8 in. each. For bodies, place large balls on two ungreased baking sheets; flatten to 3/8-in. thickness. Place 1/2-in. balls above bodies for heads; flatten.
- Shape half of blue dough into 12 triangles. Place triangles above heads for hats; attach 1/8-in. white balls for tassels. Shape orange dough into noses; place on heads. Divide the remaining blue dough into 12 pieces; shape into scarves and position on snowmen. Add chocolate chip eyes and buttons.
- Bake 13-16 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes before carefully removing to wire racks. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Butter Cookie Snowmen in Best-Loved Cookies & Bars 2008 2008, p52
Reviews for Butter Snowmen Cookie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2011
We made these last year and they were so fun, not to mention melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Am making again this year..