Butter Roasted Chicken
We love this recipe. The chicken is always juicy and flavorful. It is a finger-licking family favorite.—Helen Copeland, Greenback, Tennessee
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 pounds). cut up
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place chicken in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the
- remaining ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove
- from the heat and pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 325°
- for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until juices run clear, basting
- occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (5 ounces cooked chicken) equals 547 calories, 43 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 174 mg cholesterol, 1,516 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.