Butter Roast Chicken
"WHEN I WAS newly married, I was very interested in cooking, so I started to collect recipes. My new sister-in-law's mother sent me her family's favorite chicken recipe, and I knew it was destined to be a favorite in our household. The delicate flavor of lemon makes this dish great."
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place chicken in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the
- remaining ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove
- from the heat and pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until juices run
- clear, basting occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now