Butter Roast Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place chicken in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until juices run clear, basting occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Butter Roast Chicken(2)
Sort By :
This is my husband's favorite recipe. It's also my go-to company recipe- and I'm always asked for a copy of the recipe to send home with our guests. It's super easy and delicious.
I wonder if there is a misprint in the recipe, because there was way too much tart and too little sweetness. I used fresh-squeezed lemon juice and maybe I should have used the bottled as it is not as tart, but this sauce did not taste good. Recipes should clarify with things like lemon juice whether fresh is called for or not, as it makes a difference. My son also said it was too salty. Maybe someone else could tweak the ingredients, but I'm too busy to bother and I have a lot of other really good chicken recipes.