Butter Pecan Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Vanilla ice cream or flavor of your choice
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugars and cornstarch. Gradually stir in cream until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in butter until melted. Add the pecans. Serve warm over ice cream. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 148 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Butter Pecan Sauce
"Disappointed. The cornstarch was very noticeable and spoiled it for me."
"Excellent over French vanilla ice cream."