Butter Pecan Sauce Recipe
Buttery, smooth and full of pecans, this sauce is just sensational over ice cream. It's hard to beat its homemade goodness.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Vanilla ice cream or flavor of your choice
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugars and cornstarch. Gradually stir in cream until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in butter until melted. Add the pecans. Serve warm over ice cream. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 148 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC