Butter Pecan Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Vanilla ice cream or flavor of your choice
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugars and cornstarch. Gradually stir in cream until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in butter until melted. Add the pecans. Serve warm over ice cream. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 148 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Butter Pecan Sauce
"Disappointed. The cornstarch was very noticeable and spoiled it for me."
"Excellent over French vanilla ice cream."