Butter Pecan Roll-Ups Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a bowl, beat butter, sugars and salt until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Making six cookies at a time, drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto a well-greased baking sheet, spacing evenly. Bake 4-5 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- 3. Cool on pan 1 minute. Loosen each cookie and curl around a wooden spoon handle; cool on a wire rack. Repeat with remaining dough. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 cookie equals 30 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Butter Pecan Roll-Ups
"Everyone loves these. Two tips, if the cookies are too sticky to get off the pan, add flour to the mix. Also, use strips of parchment paper and a chopstick to roll. Put the cookie top-down on the paper. Start rolling the paper with the stick, catch the cookie, and keep rolling. Refrigerate for a few minutes to help it set. Then unroll partway and pull the paper out sideways from the cookie."
"These cookies tasted wonderful. In fact I could not stop eating them. However, I could never get them to roll up. I just ended up eating them as flat crispy cookies. They were still incredible."