Butter Pecan Roll-Ups Recipe
This is my variation of traditional lace cookies. Enjoy them alone or serve alongside dishes of ice cream.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a bowl, beat butter, sugars and salt until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Making six cookies at a time, drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto a well-greased baking sheet, spacing evenly. Bake 4-5 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- 3. Cool on pan 1 minute. Loosen each cookie and curl around a wooden spoon handle; cool on a wire rack. Repeat with remaining dough. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 cookie equals 30 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC