This is my variation of traditional lace cookies. Enjoy them alone or serve alongside dishes of ice cream.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground pecans
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a bowl, beat butter, sugars and salt until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in pecans.
- Making six cookies at a time, drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto a well-greased baking sheet, spacing evenly. Bake 4-5 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Cool on pan 1 minute. Loosen each cookie and curl around a wooden spoon handle; cool on a wire rack. Repeat with remaining dough. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Butter Pecan Roll-Ups in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p80
Reviews for Butter Pecan Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review