Butter Pecan Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 quart butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup chocolate ice cream topping, optional
- Additional whipped cream
- Spread ice cream into the crust; freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg; fold in whipped cream. Spread over ice cream. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before slicing. Drizzle with caramel ice cream topping. Drizzle with chocolate ice cream topping if desired. Dollop with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Butter Pecan Pumpkin Pie
Sort By :
"This was my first attempt at making something for my family's Thanksgiving, after I made two of them and took them down, I found out no one really liked pumpkin pie. So I brought it home and went to work. Got home and found my dad had eaten BOTH of them. So they must have been delicious!"
"This was a big hit!"
"Great presentation, easy, and delicious."
"At the melting ice cream stage I whisked in a little softened gelatin which helped the ice cream hold its shape after the 15 min defrost stage.The flavors are awesome. Genius recipe."
"It was worth the steps to make this pie, everyone loved it."