Butter Pecan Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup butter pecan or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, butter, syrup, sour cream and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- 2. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over tops.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 273 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Butter Pecan Muffins
"I made these muffins with what I had in my cabinet. I used Mrs. Butterworth's syrup, and I did not put the topping on the muffins. I had bought orange pecan honey butter, and these muffins were awesome with the honey butter. I would agree with al the reviews. These muffins are yummy!"
"Yummy! Great with whole wheat flour, light sour cream, light syrup, & skim milk.~ Theresa"