Our youngest son lives in Georgia, and that is where we gather the fresh pecans we use for this recipe. The texture of these muffins is smooth and buttery, and the topping has just the right amount of pecans.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup butter pecan or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, butter, syrup, sour cream and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over tops.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Butter Pecan Muffins in Country June/July 2010, p52
Reviews for Butter Pecan Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review