- return all to pan, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook
- and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat immediately.
- Quickly transfer to a large bowl; place bowl in a pan of ice water.
- Stir gently and occasionally for 2 minutes. Stir in cream, syrup and
- vanilla. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for
- several hours or overnight.
- Stir nuts into custard. Fill ice cream freezer two-thirds full;
- freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate any
- remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) Transfer ice cream to
- freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4
- hours or until firm. Repeat with any remaining ice cream mixture.
- Yield: about 2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 204 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.