Butter Pecan Glaze Recipe
Try this thick, rich, buttery sauce over ice cream, fried ice cream or slices of angel food cake for a satisfying dessert. It's so delicious! —Delores Goossen, Morris, Manitoba
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, cook butter over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in sugar and corn syrup; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; gradually stir in cream.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from the heat. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Serve warm over ice cream. Yield: 2 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without ice cream) equals 204 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC