Try this thick, rich, buttery sauce over ice cream, fried ice cream or slices of angel food cake for a satisfying dessert. It's so delicious! —Delores Goossen, Morris, Manitoba
Recommended: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large heavy saucepan, cook butter over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in sugar and corn syrup; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; gradually stir in cream.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from the heat. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Serve warm over ice cream. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Butter Pecan Sauce in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p11
Reviews for Butter Pecan Glaze
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2015
"Very good sauce served warm over Buttered Pecan Ice Cream."
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2009
"This is by far the BEST butter pecan ice cream topping I've ever prepared! Try it, you'll like it!"