- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted and coarsely chopped
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the butter, sugars, cream and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Stir in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in pecans.
- Spread into a buttered 8-in. square dish. Cool to room temperature. Cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/4 pounds.
Reviews for Butter Pecan Fudge
Sort By :
"I followed the recipe exactly even though it seemed like it called for too much powdered sugar. After adding the powdered sugar, it was dry and crumbly, resembling graham cracker crumbs. If this happens, don't get discouraged and throw it away. Put the mixture back over medium heat, add a couple tbsp butter and about 1/4 cup of heavy cream. Whisk constantly until it turns into a more liquid form again and any sugar lumps have melted. Add the pecans and spread in the pan and cool. It still may be slightly crumbly when you cut it.Next time, I will reduce the sugar to 1 1/2 cups and add more cream."
"Mine came out awful. Dry and crumbly. Threw it away. What am I doing wrong. Obviously most people are succeeding. What are you doing differently?This bothered me so much that I made a second batch. This time it came out the way I think it should. Haven't tasted tested it yet, but it did come out creamy. Here's what I did differently. 1. I cooked it at an easier boil/lower heat so that some of the liquid wasn't boiled out. 2. I let it sit a few minutes after I put the vanilla in. 3. I reduced the amount of confectioners sugar to 1 3/4 cups. 4. I added about 1/2 cup of the confectioners sugar at a time, whipping it smooth with a whisk. It came out very creamy. Can't wait to taste it tomorrow!"
"Big hit, I've been making this for many years now"
"WAKIEKAT if you have to reduce the amount of confectioner sugar. I just made this I did 2 cups of everything I used and actual Heavy Cream (Creama Mexicana you can find it in places like save a lot, Winn-Dixie maybe WalMart but I'm not sure) the only thing I did different was reduce the amount of confectioner sugar and it came out solid but creamy and perfect... My family has got it just about gone. Happy Holidays Everyone"
"I tried the receipt..did not come out right. After boiling for 5 Min. Removed and added vanilla and powder sugar...WAY WAY dry! no creamy to it...... HELP! Please advise."