Butter Pecan Fudge
Toasted pecans add a nutty crunch to this creamy buttery fudge. I have given this candy with its wonderful caramel flavor, as gifts at Christmastime and people always rave about it!
Alta Loma, California
32 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted and coarsely chopped
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the butter, sugars, cream and
- salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Boil
- for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in
- vanilla. Stir in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in pecans.
- Spread into a buttered 8-in. square dish. Cool to room temperature.
- Cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/4 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 pieces) equals 116 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.