- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup refrigerated Southern butter pecan nondairy creamer
- 6 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a small skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat. Add pecans; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until toasted.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and creamer. Dip bread slices in egg mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Cook bread for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with pecans, confectioners' sugar and cinnamon. Serve with maple syrup if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Butter Pecan French Toast
"This is very good. Made it for family and now they are making it. Gives the basic french toast a new flavor."
"I love butter pecan, and I love French toast, but the two of these together were a little too sweet for me. My kids liked it though!"
"This is just WONDERFUL!! An All time family favorite, I was skeptical of using the creamer since I don't like those non dairy creamers but in this recipe its great. Must try if you like french toast."
"I used a Vanilla Caramel creamer and it was so delicious! Will definitely make this again."
"This tastes sooo good. I use all different flavors of creamer to add variety. If you don't have pecans; it still tastes wonderful! Quick, easy and yummy!"
"I can't wait to try this I always buy the non dairy creamers for when my family visits and end up with left over creamers it sounds like a great way to use it up."
"We loved it! Can't wait to experiment w/ other creamers! :)"
"Delicious. My husband had always claimed my french toast was the best he had ever had until we tried this recipe. This has become not just his new favorite but mine as well. Thanks"
"This is one of the best french toast recipes I have ever made. I made a double batch and froze half. My kids love to microwave about 20 seconds and then pop in the toaster. Will be a staple in my freezer year round."
"excellent for breakfast made it with my home made loaf of thick sliced italian bread"