Butter Pecan French Toast
Flavored coffee creamer is the secret ingredient in this oh-so-fast-and-easy breakfast treat the whole family will go for. “I sometimes substitute French-vanilla or caramel creamer, and add a little nutmeg and cinnamon to the eggs.”
Cathy Hall - Phoenix, Arizona
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup refrigerated Southern butter pecan nondairy creamer
- 6 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a small skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat. Add
- pecans; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until toasted.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and creamer. Dip bread slices in egg
- In a large skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Cook
- bread for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle
- with pecans, confectioners' sugar and cinnamon. Serve with maple
- syrup if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 slices French toast (calculated without maple syrup) equals 453 calories, 26 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 373 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.