Butter Pecan French Toast Recipe
Flavored coffee creamer is the secret ingredient in this oh-so-fast-and-easy breakfast treat the whole family will go for. “I sometimes substitute French-vanilla or caramel creamer, and add a little nutmeg and cinnamon to the eggs.” Cathy Hall - Phoenix, Arizona
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup refrigerated Southern butter pecan nondairy creamer
- 6 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup, optional
- 1. In a small skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat. Add pecans; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until toasted.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and creamer. Dip bread slices in egg mixture.
- 3. In a large skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Cook bread for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with pecans, confectioners' sugar and cinnamon. Serve with maple syrup if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
2 slices French toast (calculated without maple syrup) equals 453 calories, 26 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 373 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC