Flavored coffee creamer is the secret ingredient in this oh-so-fast-and-easy breakfast treat the whole family will go for. “I sometimes substitute French-vanilla or caramel creamer, and add a little nutmeg and cinnamon to the eggs.” Cathy Hall - Phoenix, Arizona
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup refrigerated Southern butter pecan nondairy creamer
- 6 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a small skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat. Add pecans; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until toasted.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and creamer. Dip bread slices in egg mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Cook bread for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with pecans, confectioners' sugar and cinnamon. Serve with maple syrup if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Butter Pecan French Toast in Simple & Delicious September/October 2009, p35
Reviews for Butter Pecan French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review