- 1-3/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Place chopped pecans and 1 tablespoon butter in a baking pan. Bake at 325° for 5-7 minutes or until toasted and browned, stirring frequently. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream brown sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in toasted pecans, pressing nuts into dough. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Beat egg white until foamy. Dip pecan halves in egg white, then gently press one into each ball.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Butter Pecan Cookies
Sort By :
"Great recipe. It was mealy and dry but pressed together it does hold enough. After baking it does make a delicious, crumbly, melt-in-your-mouth cookie. My second time I added half an over ripe banana and ended up with a harder brittle cookie but tasty with a finish of banana nut."
"These cookies are amazing, one of our favorites. My husband often asks me to make them and they have gotten loads of compliments from his co-workers. I didn't have any of the issues some of the reviewers had and followed the recipe exact."
"Great taste, but when I added the flour to the mixture the consistency was mealy. I had to add about 2 tablespoons of milk to make it come together. Is there something missing in this recipe?"
"I made theses cookies they were good, soft but dry any suggestions?less or more of something?"