Butter Pecan Cookies Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Place chopped pecans and 1 tablespoon butter in a baking pan. Bake at 325° for 5-7 minutes or until toasted and browned, stirring frequently. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream brown sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in toasted pecans, pressing nuts into dough. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Beat egg white until foamy. Dip pecan halves in egg white, then gently press one into each ball.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Butter Pecan Cookies
Sort By :
These cookies are amazing, one of our favorites. My husband often asks me to make them and they have gotten loads of compliments from his co-workers. I didn't have any of the issues some of the reviewers had and followed the recipe exact.
Great taste, but when I added the flour to the mixture the consistency was mealy. I had to add about 2 tablespoons of milk to make it come together. Is there something missing in this recipe?
I made theses cookies they were good, soft but dry any suggestions?less or more of something?
These tasted great! my family loved them, the only problem i ran into is i ran out of chopped pecans way before i ran out of the dough so i just made some without! :) definately would recommend these for anyone to make