Butter Pecan Cheesecake Recipe
Fall always makes me yearn for this pecan cheesecake, but it’s delicious any time of year. You’ll want to put it on your list of favorite holiday desserts.—Laura Sylvester, Mechanicsville, Virginia
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, pecans, sugar and butter; set aside 1/3 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- 2. Place springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, vanilla and butter flavoring. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in pecans. Pour into crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 70-80 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 456 calories, 33 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC