- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, pecans, sugar and butter; set aside 1/3 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Place springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, vanilla and butter flavoring. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in pecans. Pour into crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 70-80 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Butter Pecan Cheesecake
"I followed the recipe right by the instructions; even baked 10 minutes longer, still the middle didn't set. Any suggestions what went wrong?"
"Couldn't find a spring form pan in time so I made this into mini cheesecake cupcakes instead. They turned out perfectly! Added some caramelized pecans to the top and this tasted just like butter pecan ice cream. Was a huge hit with my family and my coworkers for Thanksgiving. If my body would allow, I'd eat these every day!"
"Awesome.....simple to make. Make sure to do the water bath as it slowly bakes the filling evenly and keeps it from losing the moisture of the filling. Letting it rest/sit one day in the refrigerator melds the flavors fully versus sneaking a piece of the pie. You will be glad you waited."
"This is a great recipe I made it more then once and each time they loved it"