Butter Pecan Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, pecans, sugar and butter; set aside 1/3 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Place springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, vanilla and butter flavoring. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in pecans. Pour into crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 70-80 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Butter Pecan Cheesecake(9)
Sort By :
This definitely is a 5 stars recipe. It is the best cheesecake ever. I shared it with three of my neighbors and they all called to rave about the cheesecake. Will make this again
and again. I want to thank the person that sent in this recipe.
OMG Absolutely to die for!!! ..... I made a Pecan Nut Cheesecake at the request of my son..... He took half home, leaving half with me..... It was tasted by all and absolutely adored, with the general consensus being 5star restaurant standard ..... I have since had 5 separate requests for me to make it again and 3 requests for the recipe.... Thank you so much for the most delicious cheesecake ever! .... I did however have to make a couple of adjustments as certain ingredients were not available here in the UK..... I substituted the Graham Crackers for Fox's Coconut Crinkle ...... 2 tsps of vanilla essence instead of butter flavouring and I used half sour cream and half double cream (I ran out of sour cream) .... I also had to bake it for 90 minutes
The BEST, made for Easter and will be baking tonight for the 4th..very easy
Absolutely the most delicious cheesecake I ever ate. I loved it! It is very sweet but I loved it.
Excellent and easy to play with. Use as is or use diferent nuts (pistachios come to mind). @ heley. The water bath is essential as is does promote more even cooking but also keeps the cake from cooking too fast. It creates humidity in the oven that prevents the cake from cracking and looking like the victim of a 9.0 earthquake. In terms of the butter flavouring, I use 2tbsp of butter (adjust as you like) instead since I prefer natural as opposed to artificial chemically produced flavours
More Recipe Collections
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- New Year's Desserts >