- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, pecans, sugar and butter; set aside 1/3 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Place springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, vanilla and butter flavoring. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in pecans. Pour into crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 70-80 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Butter Pecan Cheesecake
"My father loves cheesecake and butter pecan ice cream so I had to make this for him. I took it to our church homecoming meal and it was a hit. Will definitely make it again and use the suggestion of toasting the pecans. I couldn't find butter flavor locally so I substituted extra homemade vanilla and it was good."
"I followed the recipe right by the instructions; even baked 10 minutes longer, still the middle didn't set. Any suggestions what went wrong?"
"Couldn't find a spring form pan in time so I made this into mini cheesecake cupcakes instead. They turned out perfectly! Added some caramelized pecans to the top and this tasted just like butter pecan ice cream. Was a huge hit with my family and my coworkers for Thanksgiving. If my body would allow, I'd eat these every day!"
"Awesome.....simple to make. Make sure to do the water bath as it slowly bakes the filling evenly and keeps it from losing the moisture of the filling. Letting it rest/sit one day in the refrigerator melds the flavors fully versus sneaking a piece of the pie. You will be glad you waited."
"This is a great recipe I made it more then once and each time they loved it"
"This definitely is a 5 stars recipe. It is the best cheesecake ever. I shared it with three of my neighbors and they all called to rave about the cheesecake. Will make this againand again. I want to thank the person that sent in this recipe."
"OMG Absolutely to die for!!! ..... I made a Pecan Nut Cheesecake at the request of my son..... He took half home, leaving half with me..... It was tasted by all and absolutely adored, with the general consensus being 5star restaurant standard ..... I have since had 5 separate requests for me to make it again and 3 requests for the recipe.... Thank you so much for the most delicious cheesecake ever! .... I did however have to make a couple of adjustments as certain ingredients were not available here in the UK..... I substituted the Graham Crackers for Fox's Coconut Crinkle ...... 2 tsps of vanilla essence instead of butter flavouring and I used half sour cream and half double cream (I ran out of sour cream) .... I also had to bake it for 90 minutes"
"The BEST, made for Easter and will be baking tonight for the 4th..very easy"
"Absolutely the most delicious cheesecake I ever ate. I loved it! It is very sweet but I loved it."