Butter Pecan Cake Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/3 cups chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- BUTTER PECAN FROSTING:
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Pour melted butter in a baking pan. Stir in pecans. Toast at 350° for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 2. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in vanilla and 1 cup toasted pecans. Pour batter into two greased and floured 8-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Meanwhile, for frosting, cream butter and sugar. Add milk and vanilla, beating until light and fluffy. Add additional milk if needed. Stir in remaining toasted pecans. Spread between the layers and over the top and sides of the cake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 534 calories, 27g fat (11g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Butter Pecan Cake
"What can I say but WOW..... very, very good....."
"I was disappointed. I followed the recipe exactly. The cake layers cooled at only about an inch and a half tall each and the cake was dry."
"It was really good but there was not enough frosting to cover cake and I did not even cover the middle next time I would double the frosting. Other than that it was over all good."
"This cake was different for me and I loved it!!"