My husband has a sweet tooth and I enjoy making great desserts like this cake for him! We have two farms - both of which are wonderful - but I also love being in the kitchen. I collect cookbooks and have written one myself.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/3 cups chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- BUTTER PECAN FROSTING:
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour melted butter in a baking pan. Stir in pecans. Toast at 350° for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in vanilla and 1 cup toasted pecans. Pour batter into two greased and floured 8-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for frosting, cream butter and sugar. Add milk and vanilla, beating until light and fluffy. Add additional milk if needed. Stir in remaining toasted pecans. Spread between the layers and over the top and sides of the cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Butter Pecan Cake in Country Extra September 1992, p49
Reviews for Butter Pecan Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review