Butter Pecan Biscotti Recipe
These crunchy cookies perfect for dunking have a pleasant coffee flavor and subtle sweetness. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package butter pecan cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, flour, butter, eggs, syrup, coffee granules and vanilla until well blended (dough will be very thick). Fold in chips. Divide dough in half.
- 2. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12x2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Place pans on wire racks. When cool enough to handle, transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- 4. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 5. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and coffee. Drizzle over biscotti; sprinkle with pecans. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 208 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC