These crunchy cookies perfect for dunking have a pleasant coffee flavor and subtle sweetness. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package butter pecan cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, flour, butter, eggs, syrup, coffee granules and vanilla until well blended (dough will be very thick). Fold in chips. Divide dough in half.
- On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12x2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place pans on wire racks. When cool enough to handle, transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and coffee. Drizzle over biscotti; sprinkle with pecans. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Butter Pecan Biscotti in Simple & Delicious April/May 2011, p50
Reviews for Butter Pecan Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review