- 1 package butter pecan cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, flour, butter, eggs, syrup, coffee granules and vanilla until well blended (dough will be very thick). Fold in chips. Divide dough in half.
- On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12x2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place pans on wire racks. When cool enough to handle, transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and coffee. Drizzle over biscotti; sprinkle with pecans. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Butter Pecan Biscotti
Sort By :
"I can't find Butter Pecan cake mix anywhere - what brand is it???"
"for those having trouble with the dough sticking, maybe using parchment paper would be a good idea."
"Why does the recipe say not to grease the pan? My cookie loaves stuck like mad! The fir st loaf was pretty broken up. The second was better because I was able to slide my offset spatula carefully under it once the first loaf was gone. Flavors are good but I think I'll use the flavors in a more dependable biscotti recipe. I read the comments to see if anyone else had this problem and it didn't appear that they did so I guess I was just unlucky tonight."