- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Green colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with a glass dipped in colored sugar. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Butter Mint Cookies
Sort By :
This is nice recipe. I tried this last weekend. It came out really well..I will try using peppermint the next time
I have made these since I first saw the recipe. I have substituted many flavorings, and added chips, shaved chocolate,or chocolate mint bar, and every time they disappear! They are one of the quickest, most versatile cookies I have made. They taste wonderful no matter how I make them.
I used peppermint this time- great fast cookie recipe!
The cookies are okay and easy to make, but there is WAY too much peppermint in them. I'd only use HALF the recommended amount if I made them again.
I agree they need a bit more sugar. But yummy!