Butter Mint Cookies Recipe
These delicate cookies with a touch of mint were a big hit when I made them for a party at work. —Anita Epitropou, Zion, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:18 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Green colored sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- 2. Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with a glass dipped in colored sugar. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 cookies equals 148 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC