These delicate cookies with a touch of mint were a big hit when I made them for a party at work. —Anita Epitropou, Zion, Illinois
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Green colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with a glass dipped in colored sugar. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Butter Mint Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p111
Reviews for Butter Mint Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review