- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter, oil and sugars. Add egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork dipped in flour; sprinkle with sugar. Bake 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Butter Meltaways
Sort By :
"I truly love a sugar cookie that is crisp and melts in your mouth! This is a result of using confectioner sugar in the recipe. Excellent cookie Gail Borczyk, Field Editr"
"These metlaways really do melt in your mouth. They taste much like a shortbread. Very nice cookie."
"A fantastic, simple recipe - yielding 48 cookies/24 servings. The basic flavor is easy to do - switching the xtracts and using grated lemon peel. Etc.!"
"I have been making these cookies for years, and everyone loves them."
"These cookies are execellent, my friends and co-workers love them. I make them all the time."