Butter Fudge Fingers Recipe
These scrumptious brownies get dressed up with a delicious browned butter frosting. The combination is delightfully different and assures they vanish fast around the house or at a party. -Peggy Mangus, Worland, Wyoming
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:60 servings
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- BROWNED BUTTER FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs and salt until foamy. Gradually add sugar until well blended. Stir in chocolate mixture. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter. Stir in pecans.
- 3. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- 4. For frosting, in a large heavy saucepan, cook butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Pour into a large bowl; beat in the confectioners’ sugar, cream and vanilla until smooth. Frost bars.
- 5. For glaze, in a microwave, melt the chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Drizzle over bars. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 130 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC