Butter-Dipped Biscuit Squares
These are the easiest and best biscuits I've ever made. They're light and buttery and go well with virtually any meal.
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- In a large bowl, combine the self-rising flour, sugar and milk. Turn
- onto a floured surface; sprinkle with all-purpose flour. Pat dough
- to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut into 3-in. x 2-in. pieces.
- Pour butter into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Dip one side
- of each piece into melted butter. Carefully turn to coat. Bake,
- uncovered, at 450° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield:
- 15 biscuits.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 123 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.