Butter-Dipped Biscuit Squares
These are the easiest and best biscuits I've ever made. They're light and buttery and go well with virtually any meal.
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the self-rising flour, sugar and milk. Turn
- onto a floured surface; sprinkle with flour. Pat dough to 1/2-in.
- thickness. Cut into 3-in. x 2-in. pieces.
- Pour half of butter into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Transfer
- biscuits to baking pan; brush remaining butter over tops of
- biscuits. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10 minutes or until
- golden brown. Yield: 15 biscuits.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 123 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.