Butter Dip Breadsticks
"This recipe has been in my family for as long as I can remember and can easily be halved to accommodate smaller families," relates Martha Rhoades of Fayetteville, Arkansas. :The buttery breadsticks always appear on our menu for holidays and special occasions."
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- Place butter in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. In a
- large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Stir
- in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10
- times. Roll into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Cut into 9-in. x
- 1/2-in. strips.
- Dip each side of strip in butter in prepared pan; arrange in the pan
- (do not allow sides to touch). Bake at 450° for 15-20 minutes or
- until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen, 24 servings, 2 per serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 73 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.