- flour and spices.
- Roll out one larger portion of dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate.
- Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry even with edge. Spoon half
- of filling into crust. Repeat with remaining large portion of dough
- and filling.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit tops of pies. Place over filling.
- Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Beat egg white and
- water; brush over pastry.
- Bake at 375° for 55-65 or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a
- wire rack. Yield: 2 pies (8 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 408 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.