Butter Crunch Pudding Recipe
You'll need just four ingredients to make the sweet crumb topping for Butter Crunch Pudding. "I got the idea from my sister. It's actually a pie crust recipe," Kathy relates. "Without time to fuss, I put the crumbs on top of a cooked or instant pudding. Everybody loves it."
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix or flavor of your choice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, coconut and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Spread the crumb mixture on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a another large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; chill for 5 minutes.
- 3. Spoon half of the crumbs into each of four dessert bowls. Top with pudding and remaining crumb mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 586 calories, 31g fat (20g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 617mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Butter Crunch Pudding
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2012
"Very good, easy & crunchy!!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC