Butter Crunch Pudding Recipe
You'll need just four ingredients to make the sweet crumb topping for Butter Crunch Pudding. "I got the idea from my sister. It's actually a pie crust recipe," Kathy relates. "Without time to fuss, I put the crumbs on top of a cooked or instant pudding. Everybody loves it."
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix or flavor of your choice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, coconut and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Spread the crumb mixture on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a another large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; chill for 5 minutes.
- 3. Spoon half of the crumbs into each of four dessert bowls. Top with pudding and remaining crumb mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 586 calories, 31 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 617 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Butter Crunch Pudding
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2012
"Very good, easy & crunchy!!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC