You'll need just four ingredients to make the sweet crumb topping for Butter Crunch Pudding. "I got the idea from my sister. It's actually a pie crust recipe," Kathy relates. "Without time to fuss, I put the crumbs on top of a cooked or instant pudding. Everybody loves it."
Recommended: 16 Girl Scout Cookie Contest Finalist Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix or flavor of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine flour, coconut and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Spread the crumb mixture on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a another large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; chill for 5 minutes.
- Spoon half of the crumbs into each of four dessert bowls. Top with pudding and remaining crumb mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Butter Crunch Pudding in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p17
Reviews forButter Crunch Pudding
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2012
"Very good, easy & crunchy!!"