Butter Crunch Cookies
I've given this recipe to more people than any other recipe I have. These cookies are so easy to make. Cornflakes and pecans give them their delightful crunch.
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cornflakes, lightly crushed
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually
- add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the cornflakes and
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool
- for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 153 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.