- 1/3 cup butter
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned cream-style corn
- 1/4 cup milk
- Place butter in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; heat in a 425° oven until melted. Tilt to coat bottom of pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in corn and milk. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 10-12 times. Roll into a 10-in. x 8-in. rectangle, about 1/2 in. thick. Cut into 4-in. x 1-in. strips. Place in melted butter and turn to coat. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Yield: 20 cornsticks.
Originally published as Butter Cornsticks in Country Woman May/June 2005, p33
Reviews for Butter Cornsticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review