Butter Cookie Snowmen Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Red and yellow paste food coloring
- Miniature chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Remove 1/3 cup of dough to a small bowl; tint with red food coloring. Repeat with 1/3 cup of dough and yellow food coloring; set aside.
- For snowmen, shape white dough into 24 balls, 1-1/4 in. each; 24 balls, about 1/2 in. each; and 24 balls, about 1/8 in. each. For bodies, place large balls on two ungreased baking sheets; flatten to 3/8-in. thickness. Place 1/2-in. balls above bodies for heads; flatten.
- Shape red dough into 24 balls, 1/8 in. each, and 24 triangles. Place triangles above heads for hats; attach 1/8-in. white balls for tassels. Place red balls on heads for noses. Divide the yellow dough into 24 pieces; shape into scarves and position on snowmen. Add chocolate chip eyes and buttons.
- Bake at 325° for 13-16 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before carefully removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Butter Cookie Snowmen(2)
Sort By :
This will be my third year to make these treats. The dough is very easy to handle. The time involved is worth the fun of seeing everyone's face light up when they spy these happy little guys. Not only are they cute..they have a great flavor. Everyone looks forward to these taste sensations.
When I mixed up the dough, it was really dry so I had to add more milk. If I make these cookies again, I would not add any of the food coloring until the white dough balls for the bodies are completed.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >