"It was great fun making these tasty cookies with my grandchildren last Christmas," relates field editor Kathleen Taugher of East Troy, Wisconsin. "The dough is easy to shape."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Red and yellow paste food coloring
- Miniature chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Remove 1/3 cup of dough to a small bowl; tint with red food coloring. Repeat with 1/3 cup of dough and yellow food coloring; set aside.
- For snowmen, shape white dough into 24 balls, 1-1/4 in. each; 24 balls, about 1/2 in. each; and 24 balls, about 1/8 in. each. For bodies, place large balls on two ungreased baking sheets; flatten to 3/8-in. thickness. Place 1/2-in. balls above bodies for heads; flatten.
- Shape red dough into 24 balls, 1/8 in. each, and 24 triangles. Place triangles above heads for hats; attach 1/8-in. white balls for tassels. Place red balls on heads for noses. Divide the yellow dough into 24 pieces; shape into scarves and position on snowmen. Add chocolate chip eyes and buttons.
- Bake at 325° for 13-16 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before carefully removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Butter Cookie Snowmen in Taste of Home December/January 2003, p10
Reviews for Butter Cookie Snowmen
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review