- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) milk chocolate English toffee bits
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits.
- Divide dough in half. On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, shape each portion into a 10-in. x 2-1/2-in. rectangle. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. slices.
- Place slices cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 20-24 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Butter Brickle Biscotti
"Great recipe. SUPER simple. My dough came out very wet and in hindsight I should have added a little more flour because they spread more then they probably should have in the first baking. I also may cook them at a lower temperature next time because the edges were getting a little too well daone too quickly. I know that can vary ont he oven though too. I'm not an every day baker but these are so simple I wouldn't hesitate to do them again!"
"I make this biscotti every year for my cookie trays. It is one of my family's favorites and someone always asks for the recipe."
"Great recipe! Thank you!"
"Very good - definitely will make again. I plan to give some of these away as Christmas gifts."
"Simple to make, and friends raved about how wonderful these were."