- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) milk chocolate English toffee bits
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits.
- Divide dough in half. On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, shape each portion into a 10-in. x 2-1/2-in. rectangle. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. slices.
- Place slices cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 20-24 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Butter Brickle Biscotti(9)
Sort By :
Great recipe. SUPER simple. My dough came out very wet and in hindsight I should have added a little more flour because they spread more then they probably should have in the first baking. I also may cook them at a lower temperature next time because the edges were getting a little too well daone too quickly. I know that can vary ont he oven though too. I'm not an every day baker but these are so simple I wouldn't hesitate to do them again!
I make this biscotti every year for my cookie trays. It is one of my family's favorites and someone always asks for the recipe.
Great recipe! Thank you!
Very good - definitely will make again. I plan to give some of these away as Christmas gifts.
Simple to make, and friends raved about how wonderful these were.