Butter Bean Veggie Soup Recipe
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the celery, carrots and onion in oil until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add the broth.
- 2. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until soup is heated through. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
1 cup: 109 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 661mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Butter Bean Veggie Soup
"I've been making this for years, and it's always so comforting, hearty and delicious. It's a great way to clean out the crisper drawer too!"
"I added 2 cloves garlic with other veggies and a couple handfuls of chopped raw Kale in the simmering process at the end. I had made this by the recipe the first time and thought it needed more spices. Now I add a tablespoon of Emeril's essence and a tablespoon of soul seasoning and its delish."
"This was better than expected! I used a 1 pound bag of frozen butter beans (thawed in the refrigerator) and a can of diced tomatoes instead of stewed tomatoes. Quite tasty!~ Theresa"
"easy to make. great taste. best veg soup i ever made."